Transfer Hotline (888) 336 1040

Is OTG Transferring Your Old Timeshare?

At Options Travel, we enjoy helping people find a vacation ownership program that best fits their needs. Often times this means downsizing the owners current program, or removing an ownership that no longer suits the traveler’s lifestyle.
If our company is transferring a timeshare out of your name, please review the following information:
Please note that during the transfer process, no news is almost always good news. Constant communication usually means there is an issue with the documents requested, outstanding fees preventing the transfer, or other complications.


Q. How long does the transfer process take?

A. Every resort and management company is different; they all require different documentation, fees, and regulations to complete the process. In some cases, transfers can take up to 180 days or more to close.

Q. When can I stop paying maintenance fees

Unfortunately, resorts will not allow the transfer of a property that has outstanding maintenance fees. All maintenance fees must be kept current throughout the transfer process.

Q. Can I transfer my property if I still owe on a mortgage?

A. No, resorts will not allow the transfer of any property that has an unsatisfied mortgage. Property must be free and clear, and transferrable.

Q. Is there any way to speed up the process?

A. The only way to insure that your property is transferred in a timely manner is to return requested information and documentation as quickly as possible. The longer you wait, the longer it takes.

Q. What is a Resort Transfer Fee?

A. A resort transfer fee is what your resort charges to complete a transfer. This fee is predetermined by your resort, OT has no control on what certain resorts charge.

Q. When can I stop paying maintenance fees?

A. Unfortunately, resorts will not allow the transfer of a property in which maintenance fees have not been paid for the year.

For additional transfer guidelines please refer to the transfer paperwork that you received from your distributor.